Thursday, July 25, 2013

Easy fish

One of my favorite fish dish I have learned to make. Is one the easiest I have ever made.   My bf taught me how to make fish this way.   He grew up with his family preparing it this way. I have yet to put my own Asian twist to it. This fish can be prepped ahead of time then grilled or baked later on.  But here it is.  
I normally do this with fresh tilapia but any fish can be used.   Red snapper also works wells.   When I buy fish from my local fish market I like to have them clean the fish and chop off the fins but keep the head on.  I promise you this will become a favorite in your house.  


1 large tilapia
1 medium onion sliced into rings
1 medium tomato
1/4 cup of cilantro chopped
1 tbs of garlic powder
1 tbs of onion powder
1 orange sliced
Salt and pepper to taste.


Season the outside and inside of the fish with salt and pepper.   Then season the inside with the onion and garlic powder. Then your arrange the onion,  orange,  cilantro and tomatoes on one side of the fish. There is no true method to this. You can mix it all up or alternate ingredients.  I just try to fit it all in there. Then you'll want to close the fish. Put the fish on a oiled piece of foil. Then you'll take another piece of foil and start crimping the side to create a pouch.   At this point you have two choices,  either bake the fish or throw it on the grill.   My favorite method is to throw it on the grill on low.   Then the other burners I turn on high close the lid.   No need to flip the fish. It take about 20-30 minutes.   It's done when the fish flakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment